Why Your Support Matters:
Why Your Support Matters: Let’s face it, parenting is hard work. It is a HUGE responsibility to raise the next generation of Americans.
Rejections are the most common emotional wound we sustain in daily life. Our risk of rejection used to be limited by the size of our immediate social circle or dating pools. Today, thanks to electronic communications, social media platforms and dating apps, each of us is connected to thousands of people, any of whom might ignore our posts, chats, texts, or dating profiles, and leave us feeling rejected as a result.
If you are a parent, have you ever considered what it would be like to do it alone?
- You are the sole breadwinner.
- You make all the childcare arrangements.
- You are the one they call when your child(ren) become sick.
- You take them to all their practices and games.
- You pay all the bills and manage the household money.
- You are laid off from your job? (Maybe because you spent too many days at home caring for a sick child or children)
- You can no longer afford the cost of childcare?
- 58% of your take home pay covers the rent and transportation?
- You have to decide which bills get paid this month because you can’t pay them all?
All this has an impact on you and your stress level…and it affects your children.
Enter Single Mothers Outreach.
We invest in the long term community benefit of strengthening single parents. We offer vital programs such as individual and group therapy, financial literacy and workforce development programs that set single parents on a path of growth and empowerment. We serve as coach, cheerleader, accountability partner (no burying one’s head in the sand here!) We’ve set a goal to raise $75,000 to continue offering these and other programs that put single parents to work.